时间:2022-07-30 01:29
not but是就近原则。该句的意思是:“不是……而是……”的意思。not后的内容是被否定的内容,but后是被肯定的内容。例如:I don't need money but time now.现在我需要的不是钱而是时间。例如Eg:Not you but your father is to blame.不是你,而是你父亲该受责备。就近原则也称“邻近原则”“就近一致原则”(Proximity),即:谓语与靠近的名词、代词(有时不一定是主语)在“人称、数”上一致。Eg:Not only you but(also)he is wrong.不仅你错了,他也错了。
not读法:英 [nɒt];美 [nɑːt]
adv.(否定后面的词或短语,或作否定的回答)不;(构成动词be、do和have及情态动词can或must等的否定形式,常缩略为n't)没有;否,或许不;(拒绝或不允许)不。
but读法:英 [bət,bʌt];美 [bət,bʌt]
conj.但是;而;然而;相反;尽管如此;表示歉意时说;除…外;(强调一贯真实)。
prep.除了;除…之外。
adv.只有;仅仅。
n.借口;推辞。
复数:buts
1、She could not but congratulate him.
她只能祝贺他。
2、He is extremely strong¬ but that he will catch cold at times.
虽然他特别健壮,可是有时也会感冒。
3、She could not but grieve over her son's strange lack of maturity.
对于儿子出奇的不成熟她只有叹息。
4、As we set forth facts and reasoned things out the criminal could not but cave in and admit his crime.
由于我们摆事实、讲道理,那个犯罪分子不得不低头认罪。
5、A poet could not but be gay In such a jocund company
与这样快活的伴侣为伍诗人怎能不满心欢乐
6、A poet could not but be gay,In such a jocund company:
与这样快活的伴侣为伍,诗人怎能不满心欢乐!
7、A poet could not but be gay,In such a jocund company;
诗人怎能不满心欢乐!与这样快活的伴侣为伍;
8、The situation is not good but we live in hope that it will improve.
情况不好,但我们依然希望会好转。
9、It's not perfect but we're getting there.
虽然这并非完美无瑕,但我们正朝着目标前进。
10、Language is not art but both are forms of human behavior.
言语不是艺术,但两者都是人类的行为方式。
11、I could not help but think this is a very queer life.
我忍不住会认为这是一种非常怪异的生活。
12、'Will it happen again?'—'I hope not,but you never know.'
“这事还会再发生吗?”——“但愿不会,但谁知道呢。”
13、I'm not perfect but I'm also not emotionally crippled or lonely.
我并不完美,但我也没有什么心结,也不孤独。
14、Familiarity with evil breeds not contempt but acceptance.
对罪恶熟悉之后,生出的不是蔑视,而是习以为常。
15、I'm not prudish but I think these photographs are obscene
我并不是个守旧的人,但是我认为这些照片不堪入目。
16、I say not flatteringly but with sincere conviction.
我说话不是奉承,而是心悦诚服。
17、Man's knowledge is not innate but comes from social practice.
人的知识不是先天就有的,而是从社会实践中来的。
18、I can not choose but go.
我别无选择只能去。
19、The rooms are not big but are very comfortable.
房间不大,但很舒适。
20、They were so poor that they did not live but merely existed.
他们穷得只能算生存,不能算生活。
1、We do not have any more information at the present time.
目前我们没有进一步的消息。
2、We are not getting any further forward with the discussion.
我们的讨论没有取得任何进展。
3、As you're aware,this is not a new problem.
正如你所了解的,这不是一个新问题。
4、Do it now please─not in three hours'time.
请现在就干,而不是三个小时之后。
5、Many people do not like the idea of experiments on animals.
许多人不赞成在动物身上做试验。
6、It's not fair─I never get to go first.
这不公平——我从来没有机会先走。
7、This expression is used mainly in speech,not in writing.
这种表达主要用于口语,而不是书面语。
8、She would be in bed by now,as like as not.
这工夫她很可能睡了。
9、She has not changed much over the years.
这些年来她没有多大变化。
10、The success of the system is not in doubt.
这种制度的成功确定无疑。
11、The company's financial position is not certain.
这家公司的财务状况不明朗。
12、The two sets of figures are not significantly different.
这两组数字没有明显的差别。
13、Believe me,she's not right for you.
相信我,她不适合你。
14、This action would not be in accord with our policy.
这一行动不会符合我们的方针。
15、If you love each other,why not get married?
要是你们彼此相爱,干吗不结婚呢?
16、A good education should not be the monopoly of the rich.
良好的教育不应该成为富人的专利。
17、This time round it was not so easy.
这一次这事可就不那么容易了。
18、The house is not open to the public.
这所住宅不对外开放。
19、The medicine is not for internal use.
这种药不可内服。
20、Some of the studies show positive results,whereas others do not.
有一些研究结果令人满意,然而其他的则不然。
1、We got there early but Mike had already left.
我们及早到了那里,但是迈克已经离开了。
2、I know you don't like her but try not to make it so obvious.
我明白你不喜欢她,但是尽量别表露得那么明显。
3、I won,but there wasn't much in it.
我赢了,但比分相差不大。
4、There have been some problems but basically it's a good system.
虽然出现过一些问题,但这基本上仍不失为一个好系统。
5、The government is long on ideas but short on performance.
这个政府想法很多但执行的却太少。
6、Nothing,but nothing would make him change his mind.
没有什么,绝对没有什么会使他改变主意。
7、I used to smoke but I gave up two years ago.
我过去抽烟,但两年前就戒了。
8、The idea was good,but the execution was poor.
这个主意倒不错,可实施情况不理想。
9、It's a long shot,but it just might work.
没有什么把握,但也许行得通。
10、I'd asked everybody but only two people came.
每个人我都请了,却只来了两个人。
11、All these students are good,but some work harder than others.
所有这些学生都不错,但有的用功多些,有的用功少些。
12、I know you don't like him,but he has his uses.
我知道你不喜欢他,但他有时还用得着。
13、Take the first turning but one.
在第二个拐弯处转弯。
14、I know it won't cost very much but that's not the point.
我知道那花不了多少钱,但这不是重点。
15、The new legislation is welcome but does not go far enough.
新法规受到欢迎,但力度还不够大。
16、I came last but one in the race.
我赛跑得了倒数第二名。
17、He has made a good recovery but still tires easily.
他已康复得不错,但仍然容易感到疲劳。
18、I used to love her but she's nothing to me any more.
我爱过她,但现在对她再也没什么感情了。
19、It was a difficult decision but we decided to risk it.
这件事决心难下,但我们决定冒险一试。
20、She was not only intelligent but also very musical.
她不仅聪明,而且极具音乐天分。